Three female employees at Grab-N-Go Bikini Hut, a local coffee stand Everett, Washington, were arrested Wednesday for apparently exposing themselves to customers and then charging them, according to reports.
“There was an exchange of money, but there wasn’t any exchange of product or goods as far as coffee goes,” said Everett Police spokesman Aaron Snell.
The investigation reportedly began two months ago. Officers say they observed no indication of prostitution, but did find violations of the city’s adult-entertainment codes.
It was also revealed Thursday that one of the arrested baristas was 16.
Grab-N-Go owner Bill Wheeler issued a statement via the coffee shop’s Facebook page:
In response to the recent investigation wire sent from the Everett Police department to the media outlets we are officially releasing this statement.
– Only two baristas were detained not three as claimed.
– No one was formerly charged.
– No video evidence was found nor reported to anyone in our administrative to appropriately deal with any misconduct.
– One employee detained was on her day off at office depot not at any other location.
– Only one location was involved.
– A search of the facility was done unlawfully without cause or appropriate documentation.
We feel this incident is a publicity stunt by the Everett PD for unjustifiable reasons. Our policy and procedures strictly state any employee engaging in lewd or inappropriate behavior will be terminated. We also have a zero tolerance policy for drug’s as well.
As always when it comes to any government agency question everything.
We also thank all of our customers for there support and the Everett policy department for the free press in yet another waste of our tax payers money.
In case you’re not familiar with the Pacific Northwest’s bikini coffee shop trend, this is what the uniforms, uh, look like at Grab-N-Go: