1. Sick days when you were growing up were rough.
2. Because either you were really sick and felt awful…
3. Or you weren’t sick and had to fake it.
4. But at least you had TV there to help you get through the day.
5. There was something different about TV during the day.
6. It wasn’t like regular TV.
7. It was what adults got to watch when you were at school.
8. And a lot of it seemed like it wasn’t meant for kids.
9. It was kind of exciting to see it all.
14. You couldn’t stop watching.
15. Sure, there were a lot of shows for little kids too.
16. But you didn’t watch them.
19. And you had better things to watch.
20. You almost felt bad about all your friends back at school…
21. Because while they were doing math or playing the recorder…
22. You were watching talk shows…
26. Maybe being sick wasn’t so bad after all.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/why-sick-days-in-elementary-school-were-awesome-6zgv