1. Peanut Butter & Jelly Soufflé
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 T flour
1/4 cup sugar (plus extra to sprinkle in ramekins)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
Preheat the oven to 400 F before you begin (the oven must be ready to go when you put the soufflés in or they will not rise). To prepare the soufflé, mix the flour and milk well in a bowl and put in a saucepan. Add half of the sugar (about 1/8 of a cup) and heat until dissolved. Over the heat, add the peanut butter and mix for a couple minutes until well combined and creamy. Take off the heat. Beat the egg yolks with the salt and vanilla and add to the peanut butter/milk mixture. Set aside.
Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat using either a stand mixer or a hand mixer with the remaining 1/8 cup of sugar (add the sugar slowly as you beat) until the eggs are thick and fluffy (like a foam). Then, fold the egg whites into the peanut butter mixture gently. You must make sure to beat the egg whites properly (this is the key step) or the soufflé will not rise. Bake the souffles at 400 until they rise for about 15 minutes (depending on your oven, anywhere from 10-15 minutes). Don’t open the oven until you are ready to take the soufflés out, or they will collapse!
Makes 4 soufflés.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons peanut butter, melted + additional for drizzling
Stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in peanut butter. Cook on preheated pan until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup jam of choice
1-2 tablespoons water
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, strawberries and water over low heat. Mash the berries and add jam, stirring until mixture becomes mostly liquid and warm. Stir in syrup. Drizzle over pancakes.
Top with additional melted peanut butter and jelly.
3. Peanut Butter & Jelly Popcorn Balls
Makes: approx 12-18 balls
4+ cups of air popped popcorn (approx 2 Tablespoons unpopped kernels)
1/2 cup all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup (would work the best), Agave Nectar, or pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch or two of sea salt
All fruit, no sugar added jelly (amount will vary depending on how much you want to coat the balls)
Air pop the popcorn, pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool off completely. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels so you don’t break a tooth!
In a medium sauce pan mix together the peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt over medium heat. Heat until well blended then cool for about 2 minutes.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir well to completely coat the popcorn. Once the popcorn is not hot to the touch but still nicely warm and gooey form into the balls. Make sure to squeeze the balls well to ensure they stay together.
Make all the balls and set aside on a cookie sheet or large plate. You can spray your hands with cooking spray to help keep the balls from transferring all the peanut butter to your hands or just wet with water between each ball.
Once you have made all the balls scoop approximately 1/4 teaspoon of jelly and put it into the palm of your had. Roll one ball in the jelly to coat it and have the jelly get into the popcorn grooves. Set the ball back on the tray and continue doing that until you have coated all the popcorn balls.
4. Peanut Butter & Jelly Foie Gras
3 cups unsalted blanched almonds
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
2 teaspoons fleur de sel or kosher salt
4 cups Concord black grapes
2 cups sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Duck Foie Gras
8 slices/500 g grade A duck foie gras
4 slices brioche bread
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the almond butter:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, mix together the almonds, honey, canola oil and hazelnut oil.
Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, sprinkle with salt and toast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly caramelized, watching them closely and stirring halfway through if necessary. Let cool for 1 minute. Cook’s Note: Cool no longer than 1 minute, as the almonds will cool and harden, which makes getting them off the paper very difficult!
In a food processor, add 3/4 of the roasted almonds. Process on high speed for 5 minutes or until you have the desired consistency. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process again to the desired smoothness. Add a few drops of oil if it’s too thick. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. With a knife, chop the remaining almonds and keep aside to use as a garnish.
For the grape jelly:
Rinse the grapes and put them in a big pot with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring often, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Skim the surface regularly to ensure a clear jam.
Let it cool for 1 hour. Pour the mixture in a clean jar and reserve in the refrigerator. Grape jelly will keep for a week.
For the duck foie gras:
Season the foie gras with salt and pepper.
In a pan on medium heat, saute the foie gras 20 seconds on each side or just until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm place. Add the brioche bread to the pan to soak up the remaining juices and duck fat and lightly toast on each side, about 2 minutes in total.
When ready to plate, spread the almond butter on a slice of bread, cover with a slice of foie gras. Garnish with the grape jelly and the reserved crushed almonds.
5. Krispy Kreme Bacon Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
4 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, halved
1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1/4 cup Nutella
4 tablespoons apricot all-fruit spread
8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp, halved
6. Peanut Butter & Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread
1 can Refrigerated Pillsbury Biscuits, 8 count (Example: Simply line from Pillsbury)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed in microwave until liquid like
1/2 cup jelly of choice, warmed in microwave until liquid like
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Place melted butter into a large ziplock bag and toss in cut biscuits. Shake around to coat then toss in sugar, mixing to combine. Pour into prepared 9-inch cast iron skillet and drizzle warmed peanut butter and jelly over top. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
3. Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar until combined then drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.
7. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich in a Can
You pull the sandwich from the can, and you eat it all up!
8. Peanut Butter & Jelly Baklava
½ pound Athens Fillo Dough, thawed
2 cups Roasted Peanuts, lightly salted
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Sugar
2 sticks Butter, melted
1 12-ounce jar Jam or Jelly
1/3 cup Water
¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter, warmed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a food processor, grind the peanuts into a coarse, crumbly texture.
Brush the bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch baking dish with butter.
Use a sharp knife to trim the fillo sheets so that they fit the baking dish.
Place one sheet of fillo dough in the bottom of the pan. Brush the fillo with butter. Place another sheet of fillo on top and brush with butter. Repeat this process until you have layered 8 sheets of fillo, each brushed with butter.
Sprinkle 1/3 of the peanut mixture in an even layer over the top fillo sheet. Cover with another piece of fillo. Brush the fillo with butter. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the peanut mixture on top. Brush with butter. Cover with a piece of fillo dough. Sprinkle the final 1/3 of peanut mixture on top. Cover with another sheet of fillo dough. Brush with butter.
Continue layering fillo and brushing with butter until you have layered 8 sheets of fillo on top.
Use a sharp knife to cut the baklava into approximately 35 square or diamond shaped pieces.
Bake for about 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the edges appear crispy.
Allow the baked baklava to cool for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the jam/jelly with the water. Warm the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave and stir until the jelly dissolves and results in a syrupy consistency.
Pour the jelly syrup over the warm baklava, allowing it to run over and in between the pieces.
Cover the baklava and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least four hours before serving.
To serve, remove the pieces of baklava and drizzle a small amount of warmed peanut butter over the top.
9. Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
pinch kosher salt
1/3 cup Oats
1 packet of Splenda
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly (your favorite flavor)
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil.
Add the oats and salt.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Allow to sit for 1 minute.
Stir in the Splenda ,peanut butter and jelly.
10. Peanut Butter & Jelly Hot Dog
Simply spread a whole-grain hot dog bun with peanut butter, sprinkle with wheat germ or sunflower seeds, and top with a whole, peeled banana and a squiggle of jam. Add a side of milk to round out the meal.
11. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake
1 package (about 18 oz.) white cake mix
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Prepare cake as directed on package for two 9-inch layers. Slice each layer in half horizontally to form two layers. Place one layer on serving plate; spread 1/4 cup jam over top. Repeat with remaining layers, ending with plain layer on top. 2. Stir together peanut butter chips and milk in medium saucepan. Heat over heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool until slightly thickened. Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff; gradually blend into peanut butter mixture. If necessary, cool until of spreading consistency. Frost top and sides of cake.12 servings.
12. Peanut Butter & Jelly Shooters
– grape Jell-O
– boiling water
– cold water
– vodka (optional)
– heavy cream
– peanut butter (soften by stirring quickly)
– powdered sugar
1. Make Jell-O according to package directions. For alcoholic shots, substitute vodka for half of the cold water.
2. Pour Jell-O mixture into small plastic Jell-O shot cups. Chill in fridge until firm.
3. Beat 1 cup heavy cream with beaters until soft peaks form. Fold in 3 tablespoons softened peanut butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Beat a few more seconds until well mixed. Give it a taste, if it’s not sweet enough add some more powdered sugar.
4. Top firm Jell-O shots with a dab of peanut butter whipped cream. Serve.
13. Peanut Butter & Jelly Fudge
2 T peanut butter
2 T coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
very scant 2/3c berries (I used 80g strawberries. You can also use jam.)
1/8 tsp salt (also, I used salted pb)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 T agave. (I liked it plain, but all of my tasters preferred it sweetened)
Blend the berries first. Then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Put in a container, and freeze until firm. It’ll keep for at least a few weeks in the freezer. (Just be sure to thaw before eating.)
14. Peanut Butter & Jelly Marshmallows
¾ oz. gelatin (3 envelopes or 8 sheets)
½ c. cold water
1 c. granulated sugar
1⅔ c. grape jelly
¼ c. water
Peanut butter, as needed
Powdered sugar, as needed
Bloom the gelatin and cold water in the bowl of a stand mixer and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, jelly, and water in a saucepan. Heat over medium flame until boiling. Boil for 1 minute. Add to gelatin and whip on high for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture is stiff and dramatically increased in volume. Transfer to a half pan lined with greased plastic wrap. Place greased plastic wrap on top and press into a 1′’ thick slab. Allow to set for three hours. Remove the slab onto a cutting board dusted with powdered sugar and cut into 30 square pieces. Toss the marshmallows in powdered sugar.
Melt some peanut butter in a double boiler. Once liquid, dip each marshmallow into the peanut butter. Be careful not to dip too much or the peanut flavor will overpower the grape flavor. Allow the peanut butter to cool to room temperature. Eat as is or, for easier transport or storage, toss in some more powdered sugar.
15. Peanut Butter & Jelly Flautas
2 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
4 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam, Jelly or Preserves
2 bananas, peeled
1. Place tortillas on a paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons peanut butter on each tortilla.
3. Add 1 tablespoon jelly to each tortilla.
4. Place the banana near the edge of the tortilla and fold up the ends of the tortilla.
5. Roll-up and enjoy!
16. Peanut Butter & Jelly Tiramisu
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
14 Italian-style crisp ladyfingers
4 cups raspberries
shaved chocolate, for topping
1. Beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup heavy cream until smooth and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup cream and beat until creamy, about 2 more minutes. (Do not overbeat)
2. Whisk the jam and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon about 3 T of the jam mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Cover with half the ladyfingers, arranging them lengthwise. Brush with half the remaining jam mixture. (Don’t worry if it looks like a lot of liquid; the ladyfingers will absorb it as the tiramisu sits.)
3. Spread half the peanut butter cream over the ladyfingers. Top with 2 cups of raspberries and the rest of the ladyfingers. Brush the ladyfingers with the remaining jam mixture and apread the remaining peanut butter cream on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
4. Uncover the tiramisu and top with the remaining 2 cups raspberries and shaved chocolate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
17. Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola Wrap
1 Flatout® Light Flatbread
1 Tbs reduced fat peanut butter
1 Tbs sugar-free jam
2 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 banana, cut in half lengthwise
2 Tbs low fat granola
Spread peanut butter evenly over entire Flatout. On one rounded end, spread jam. Layer strawberry, banana and granola. Roll, cut and enjoy!
18. Peanut Butter & Jelly Twinkie Sandwich
1 pack of Twinkies
19. Peanut Butter & Jelly “Watermelon” Slices
2 pieces of bread
Cut the corners off of the bread to make it look like a slice of watermelon. Spread peanut butter on the inside and the jelly on the outside. Put some raisins on the top to look like seeds. Cut the green grapes in half and stack them up on the top edge.
20. Peanut Butter & Jelly Queso
1pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed
3/4cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
2Tbsp. strawberry jam
Vanilla wafers, divided make it
MICROWAVE cream cheese in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec; stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and COOL WHIP. Microwave 1-1/2 min; stir until well blended.
SPOON into serving dish; top with small spoonfuls of jam. Swirl gently with knife.
SERVE warm with wafers.
Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts just before serving.
21. Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Krispies Treats
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
– OR –
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1/3 cup desired flavor jelly
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press half of the cereal mixture into 8 × 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with jelly. Press remaining cereal mixture on top. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
22. Peanut Butter & Jelly Martini Cocktail
2 Parts ABSOLUT VODKA
1 Part Strawberry Puree
1 Part Hazelnut Liqueur
1 Part Black Currant Liqueur
1 Whole Strawberry
Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a strawberry.
23. Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup Smucker’s® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter, stirred
OR 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Smucker’s® Seedless Strawberry Jam
OR Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves
1/4 cup sugar
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
FILL prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
24. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ravioli
2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey
3 cups Flour
2 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Beaten Egg
1 Tbsp Water
½ gallon Boiling Water
2 Tbsp Butter, for browning
12 oz jar Grape Jelly
Grated White Chocolate, for garnishFilling:
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; set aside.
On a clean surface or in a bowl, make a well in flour. In a small bowl, mix eggs, water, oil and salt. Pour egg mixture slowly into flour and mix with two fingers until incorporated. Knead dough for 7-8 minutes. Working with one-fourth of the dough at a time, roll into a rectangle. Spread filling evenly over half of dough. Brush other half of dough with egg wash. Fold that half of the dough over filling and lightly pat to remove air then seal edges. Sprinkle the dough and the roller with sugar, press firmly and cut into ravioli. Cook ravioli in 1/2 gallon boiling water, 6 ravioli at a time, for 6-7 minutes. Remove to a strainer. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add ravioli and lightly toss until browned.
In a microwave-safe bowl, cook jelly until it melts, approximately 2-3 minutes.
To serve, plate ravioli and pour jelly sauce over ravioli. Top with grated white chocolate for garnish.
25. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich
For the Magical Peanut Butter Cookies:
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups half-and-half
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups diced strawberries
6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
Peanut butter chips or chopped peanuts, optional
For the Magical Peanut Butter Cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Puree the strawberries in a food processor and add to cream mixture. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. After freezing in the ice cream maker, transfer to a container and place in the freezer, to freeze solid, for 6 hours before serving.
Spread the strawberry preserves on a peanut butter cookie. Top with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream and cover with another cookie. Roll sides in peanut butter chips or peanuts, if desired.
26. Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffle Sandwich
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup grape jelly
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 cup fresh fruit (such as strawberries, peach slices, grapes)
1. Heat Belgian or regular waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch round.
2. Depending on size of waffle maker, place 2 to 4 biscuit rounds at a time in hot waffle maker. Bake 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Spread peanut butter evenly on 4 of the hot waffles; spread jelly on remaining 4 waffles. Place jelly-spread waffles, jelly down, on peanut butter-spread waffles. Cut sandwiches in half; place on individual plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with fruit.