It’s common knowledge that Russia gets really cold in the winter — in parts of the country, it plunges down to -50 Celsius. -30 Celsius isn’t even a big deal. So there are things you learn to survive.
Igor Sokalski/Igor Sokalski
1. Top of the list: Hats and hoods are important. Most of your heat escapes through your head. This is truth. Cover your head.
2. Layering is also important. Shirts under sweaters. Tights under jeans. Do it.
6. Wanna feel positively tropical? Have some vodka.
Absolut Vodka / Via tumblr.com
8. Is it ten thousand degrees below freezing? I hope we have vodka.
20th Century Fox Television
9. So cold it feels like a billion tiny knives are stabbing at your hands and feet? I’ll go get the vodka.
11. So cold you can’t remember what the sun’s warm rays feel like? Have some vodka.
13. Has the cold driven through your layers and into the depths of your soul? Vodka.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / Via hemingerald.tumblr.com
15. Just remember that drinking excessively while cold can lead to horrible — and deadly — results. Don’t wind up like these Russians.
It’s cold. Be careful out there.